Dear Club Members
The position of fixture secretary has become available for Fakenham Cricket Club. This position is important for the club and we would like to open out this opportunity to all members of the club
The fixture secretary role is an elected position and one of the six key elected officers of the club.
The successful candidate would be helping to push forward this expanding and dynamic club
Below you can find a detailed job description outlining the key points of the role, if you require more information please contact myself on the telephone number listed below.
The club is looking to fill this position before the up coming annual general meeting held at the club house on Friday 15th November.
Role Description – Fixture secretary
Role: Receive the Club fixtures for the coming season and sort into a fixture list.
Useful skills and experience: Good communication skills
Basic knowledge of senior and youth cricket
Support / Training: Support will be from League fixture secretary, grounds man and club committee.
- Receive via e-mail all senior league fixtures for the club from the respective leagues
- Organize and arrange the dates for all the youth competition matches home and away.
- Create a fixture calendar for use in the fixture card, in the club house and on line
- Rearrange called off youth games.
- Update the calendars as is necessary
Benefits of volunteering:
- A brilliant CV booster
- Support your portfolio
- Satisfaction from doing something to make a difference within your local community
- Development of your interests to become a profession.
- Physical and social benefits – a chance to get out, have fun and meet some new people – enjoying the traditional social life that cricket clubs generate
- Supporting your local community – putting something back into your community, personal satisfaction knowing you have helped others.
If you would like further information or wish to apply for this opportunity please contact
Martin Turner Club Chairman 07881525290